Giving is an integral part of our relationship with God:
• It acknowledges Him as the giver of everything we have.
• It reflects our trust that He will continue to provide for us.
• It allows us to be a part of His work here on earth,
• Itʼs a way for us to follow through on what Heʼs asked us to do.
• It changes the world for the glory of God: the gospel is preached, lives are touched, people are fed, bodies are healed, the Church grows; and we, in turn, are blessed by God so that we can give again.
In the Bible, God tells us to, “Honour God with everything you own; give Him the first and the best.” (Proverbs 3:9). In Malachi 3:10-11, God says, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse that there may be food in my house.” The word ʻtitheʼ literally means ʻa tenthʼ, so, as believers today, we worship the Lord with the tithe; or the first ten percent of our income.
At Kingfisher we do not take a collection during the services, as we donʼt want this to become a focus of our time together. Whilst we teach the Biblical principal of tithing, we strongly believe the amount each person gives is to be a confidential, free-will offering, decided between them and God.
Kingfisher Church also tithes 10% of all the income we are given. The trustees decide who receives our tithe and we regularly give to local, national and international charities, organisations and individuals.
Here’s just some of the organisations that we’ve supported over the last few years:
You can give financially either by placing money in the Donations Box at the Kingfisher Information area or by setting up a Standing Order with the bank. To set up a Standing Order complete the information in this leaflet and send to your bank, or use the Kingfisher Church bank details given to set up a Standing Order online.
If you pay income tax and sign a Covenant Form, then that giving can be increased by 23% at no extra cost to you the giver. If you would like to gift aid your giving please complete the information in this leaflet and hand to our Treasurer, David Burn or place in an envelope in the Donations Box at the Kingfisher Information area in the main hall.